Utterly Brilliant Thoughts: The Infamous Music Meme
4.11.2007
The Infamous Music Meme

I've been tagged by Kimmy & Teacher Lady for this meme: List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what they are. They must be songs you are presently enjoying. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to.

Oh, this is bad. I rarely listen to the radio & truly have no idea what is hot right now. I've
already told you that I have no idea who half the people in Rolling Stone are. The last CD I bought was . . . hmm, I actually have no idea. The last CD that was bought for me was Justin Timberlake's FutureSex / LoveSounds & I have to admit that I am strangely addicted to it. (Although, seriously, JT, it is time to get over that whole infidelity thing. Lord.) Okay, I am probably going to embarrass myself terribly, but here are the last seven songs I listened to on Napster & that are in pretty much constant rotation lately:

  • Bill Withers, "Ain't No Sunshine"
  • Janis Joplin, "Cry Baby"
  • Jeff Buckley, "Hallelujah"
  • Augustana, "Boston"
  • Damien Rice, "The Blower's Daughter"
  • Mary J. Blige, "Be Without You"
  • Nelly Furtado, "Say It Right"

And of course, I always, always, always loooooooooove Dave Matthews. (Tickets are going on sale on the 21st, who's coming to the concert with me??) I'm not tagging anyone because I think there are only about six people left in the blogosphere who haven't already participated in this meme. If you are one of those six & want to jump on the bandwagon with me, leave me a note in the comments so I can check out your list. God knows I could use some new music recommendations!

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy753 said...

I love the Nelly Furtado song! Actually I like a lot of her songs on her latest album. Great taste!

Blogger Judy said...

I am one of those six and, you want to know something? You know more about current music than *I* do! How is that for embarrassing. The few times I'm in the radio by myself, the stations rotate between talk radio, NPR (yes, I realize they are on separate ideological ends), and the oldies station. Can we talk about Gary Puckett in this meme?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer