Utterly Brilliant Thoughts: Question
4.06.2007
Question
Last night, I had no less than four different men buy me drinks. (Which totally explains the last post. I mean, I could hardly refuse a drink once it had been bought for me, could I? That would've been bad manners, & my mama raised me right.) Several of them (obviously brilliant, discerning individuals) spent the better part of the evening telling me how fabulous, charming & gorgeous I am. I should mention that one of these men is over seventy & another is of questionable sexual orientation. And I don't know what I should be more upset about - the fact that this is now the demographic that I appeal to, or that over the course of the evening my husband repeatedly asked what I did / said to these men to make them so taken with me. I may be a lush, but doesn't that sound like an insult to you?

Labels:



3 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy753 said...

I'm thinkin' he's just jealous cause no one bought HIM drinks! And..this scenario just means you're appealing to ALL demographics. I mean come on..look at you! :)

P.S. PAA looks like a fabulous place!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thos 70 year olds are nasty old men LOL Did they take out their dentures to drink?

Blogger Shawnee said...

Kimmy, you are SO good for my ego. And also a master of the "spin", something I truly appreciate.

Mrs. M, actually the 70-year-old had lovely manners and was absolutely fascinating. Who knew I have a thing for (much) older men??

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer