Utterly Brilliant Thoughts: You Waited 10 Days For This?
5.10.2007
You Waited 10 Days For This?

That was a rather long one day silence, wasn't it?
Well, you know, I've been busy. Really, really busy. With all of the, um, important chocolate-eating and television-watching I've been doing. I also sold some stuff on Craig's List and organized my closet and made friends with the kids next door. Oh, and one day? Chris called for me from the back yard in the exact same tone that I would use if I had found a stack of diamond-filled Tiffany boxes. Unfortunately, no little blue boxes were in evidence, and what he actually found looked quite a bit like this:

So, um, yeah. Lots of excitement. Very busy. (Did you gag a little bit when you saw that? Because I did. And that slimy little thing is living in my back yard. Which I guess is better than in my bedroom, which is where Chris wanted to keep it. Boys are weird.)

Anyway.

The Dream Job interview is tomorrow. I am preparing for it by spending the day contemplating my wardrobe and doing my nails. Because I wouldn't hire someone for an important and responsible position if she couldn't even maintain her manicure, would you? It seems like possibly I should be doing something else to prepare for this. Something . . . not related to grooming. Some kind of research about the company perhaps? The thing is, it's kind of not my Dream Job anymore. I mean, I applied for it over a month ago, and I apparently have the attention span of goldfish because now I'm distracted by the brand! new! sparkly! Dream Job I applied for earlier today. Which probably also isn't really my Dream Job either, in that I don't recall the words "heiress", "royalty" or "obscene amounts of money in exchange for virtually no effort on your part" being used in the job description. However, my friend Mary sent me a link to this site (oooooh, shoes, want new shooooooooes, oh wait, have no money, damn) and I am fairly certain that both jobs offer some sort of monetary compensation, which means I could buy these.

Or these. And maybe these.Wish me luck!

Labels:



5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you're going to rock their socks!

go get 'em, tiger!

Blogger Kimmy753 said...

Shawnee..those shoes are FABULOUS! Wow...if only I didn't work in an office where you can wear flip flops, shorts and baseball caps everyday...

Good luck on your interview! You'll do wonderfully. Maybe you'll get refound excitement for the job during the interview. Keep me/us posted!!!!!!

And those shoes....uh....I'm just drooling!

Blogger Teacher lady said...

Oh my! I love them all, but especially the green fabric ones with the print. I told Mr. J. recently I wasn't sure my "dream job" would ever come along. His response? "Of course not. It's work and work sucks. You just have to find a place where you can minimize the misery." I may have written this to you before, but it is so depressing and yet so profound, that I think it may change my life!

How did it go?

Blogger Melissa said...

Ooh, pretty pretty shoes!

How'd the dream job interview thing go? Did you rock their socks? (and shoes, tee hee) :)

Blogger Mrs. T said...

Love the green fabric ones especially! Shoe photos totally make up for that slimy creature at the top. Ew. (great shot, though)
Give us the 411 on the interview!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer