Utterly Brilliant Thoughts: Feast #121
12.08.2006
Feast #121
APPETIZER
Which language would you like to learn and why?
Italian. I'm half Italian & I've always wanted to be fluent in the language.
I think it's beautiful.

SOUP
What's the funniest thing you've heard or read so far this week?
I just finished Augusten Burroughs' Possible Side Effects.
I read constantly but rarely find anything as funny as the book jacket promises.
This had me laughing out loud more than once.

SALAD
Which movie was so bad you couldn't watch the whole thing?
For some reason, I apparently lack the ability to turn a bad movie off / walk out. I always hope that the movie is somehow going redeem itself in the last five minutes. (Hasn't happened yet.) And since Chris seems to actively seek out the absolute worst programming on television at any given time, I spend an inordinate amount of time watching truly horrid movies.

MAIN COURSE
If there were a holiday in your honor that didn't use your actual name,
what would the day be called?

Smitten Kitten Day. Seriously, it's after midnight, I have no idea what I'm saying
& I couldn't possibly care less what it's called, as long as I get the day off.
Edited to add: champagne & chocolate also required.
Thanks to Blaine for reminding me!

DESSERT
Name one movie which is coming out soon that you would like to see.
Nothing immediately comes to mind. The Pursuit of Happyness, maybe. Or The Holiday. It's been a while since I've seen a chick flick & this one has the added bonus of Jude Law eye candy. Wait, doesn't George Clooney have a new movie coming out? Mmmmmm, love The Clooney. The Good German it is!

Join the Feast!

Labels:



12 Comments:

Blogger Suni said...

nice feast...why labeled narcissism?

me

Blogger KK said...

I hear you about the last five minutes of a bad movie, like that is going to make up for the other two hours! Great feast!

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the entertaining feast you served.
Happy Smitten Kitten Day! =)

Blogger Unknown said...

Pursuit of Happiness is going to make me cry..Love Jude Law but Jack Black is going to have me laughing in the holiday

Blogger Wystful1 said...

Love LOVE your idea for a special holiday. Ya, exactly-------really, WHO CARES what the name of the day is....you get time off!!! Way to go!!

Mine's served.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ive seen a movie or so that you have listed on some of the other participants blogs...a lot wants to see them!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love books that make me laugh out loud. But you're right-not many do.

Blogger Nichole said...

I don't really care what Smitten Kitten Day is all about. I'm celebrating it!

Blogger tiggerprr said...

I'll have to check out the book! :)

Blogger Judy said...

Happy Smitten Kitten Day.. and pass the chocolate and champagne!

Blogger Nichole M said...

Italian is so pretty and lyrical. Great feast. Thanks for stopping by mine! Have a great weekend!

Blogger Caylynn said...

Nice feast.:) Your main course sounds like a good holiday!

Thanks for stopping by and have a good weekend. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer