Utterly Brilliant Thoughts: Productivity
11.22.2006
Productivity
Guess what I have been doing for the better part of the afternoon. Go ahead, guess.

Did you guess "diligently working since you will not be in the office for the rest of the week"?

Or how about "starting the project that is due on Monday so that the looming deadline doesn't bite you in the ass next week"?

Or even just "something productive", how about that?

Did you guess any of these? Because, if so, you would be so wrong.

Instead, I have spent the past 3, whoops, I mean 4 (holy cow, it's 4 o'clock already?) hours watching the penguin & sea otter cams at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, playing Lite Brite & reading blogs. (A big thank you to Teacher Lady, who shared that some Target stores have Starbucks inside the store, Holy Mother of God, how did I not know about this before?? More importantly, why doesn't my Target have one?) Oh, & I put up the office Christmas tree, a 7' tall fiber-optic monstrosity that makes me think of the Linus line from A Charlie Brown Christmas: "This really brings Christmas close to a person." I also discovered a recipe for a pumpkin pie milkshake which I fully intend to make as soon as I get home, so as far as I am concerned, that was 4 hours well spent.

I may change my mind by Monday.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My Target has a Starbucks. Wanna come visit? Please?

Blogger Big A said...

There was a Starbucks in the Target in Tinley Park, IL. Where have you been?!?!?!?! I never would have said the productivity things. HEHEHE Check out number 119...

Blogger Shawnee said...

So EVERYONE knew about this but me??? Mary, I can't believe you have a Starbucks in your Target & didn't tell me. I feel so betrayed.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer