Utterly Brilliant Thoughts: Cancelled
10.05.2006
Cancelled
We were supposed to have a showing on our house today. It was cancelled because the buyer . . . well, she has issues. The first, & most important, one is that she is looking for something similar to her current house & neighborhood, but for about $200,000 less than her current mortgage. You can see how that might be a problem. There's no way she's going to be happy with our 1,800 sq. ft. Century home in a regular residential neighborhood when she's coming from a 3,000 sq. ft. 10-year-old luxury home in an exclusive development. Did I mention that her house (that she would have to sell to buy anything else) has been on the market for nearly 2 years? She has only had one interested prospect because she allows her dogs to poop in her house & then doesn't bother to clean it up. And the one couple that expressed some interest? She refused to even consider selling it to them because they're black. So . . . yeah. Issues.

Natural woodwork! Pocket doors! Oak mantle! Ceramic tile hearth!
Flooded with natural light! Don't you want to live here??

I am so frustrated & disappointed right now. Amazing that I can still be optimistic about a showing, but obviously I can, because I was so upset when it was cancelled. (Somewhat less so when I found out who the prospect was; that would have been an utter waste of Swiffering.) Right after I found out that it was cancelled, a co-worker walked by and said, giggling, "You mean your house hasn't sold yet?"

And then I killed her.

You don't think I overreacted, do you?

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Big A said...

No such thing as an over-reaction just over preparedness!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer