Utterly Brilliant Thoughts: Stupid Mercury
2.13.2007
Stupid Mercury
Since I last posted, lots of things have happened, some which pertained to the sale & purchase of various homes, none of which I'm inclined to write about (you should thank me), but all of which have made me think that Teacher Lady knew what she was talking about. A quote she sent me from an astrology website reads:

Mercury retrograde gives rise to personal misunderstandings; flawed, disrupted, or delayed communications, negotiations and trade; glitches and breakdowns with phones, computers, cars, buses, and trains. And all of these problems usually arise because some crucial piece of information, or component, has gone astray or awry.

Yes! YES! Finally! An explanation! Well, okay, maybe that doesn't explain everything that's been going on around here lately. But I would prefer to think that Mercury is the issue rather than question whether God is punishing me for something heinous I did in a past life. Or maybe this is my punishment for stealing Brynna's Strawberry Shortcake doll in the first grade. But I returned it! And apologized!

Anywho, the short version of This Weekend in Real Estate is: lots of things happened and yet very little progress was made. But! There appears to be light at the end of the tunnel! Again! This is the longest tunnel in the world. (Actually, the longest tunnel is Laerdal Tunnel in Norway, and yes, I did have to look it up. It's a sickness, I can't help it. I am a slave to trivial knowledge.)

While we're (vaguely) on the subject, I have been group-tagged by Amalah & Miss Zoot for the
Most Popular Meme of the Year. So here it is, Six Weird Things About Me:

  • I have to match. Have to. My underwear has to match, both each other & what I'm wearing, even if I'm just wearing pajamas. And my socks & / or slippers have to match my pjs too. Always.
  • I once translated a New Kids on the Block song into French. And then performed it, complete with choreographed dance moves, in front of 25 people. I should add that this was an assignment for my high school French class, it's not like this is my idea of a good time. Although I seem to recall that I was the one who picked the song. Give me a break, it was the 80s. I liked Milli Vanilli too. At least I never had a mullet.
  • When I was young, my eyes were blue & my hair was stick-straight. When I hit puberty, my eyes changed to green & my hair became curly.
  • I lived on a farm for a few years, starting when I was eight. My cousin Jason and I collected the eggs from the chickens, played in the horse barn & caught frogs for fun. This is only weird if you consider the fact that I am not now, nor have I ever been, a Fan of Nature (remember, this is where the dirt and bugs live). I'm not sure what possessed me during those two years. Come to think of it, our house was widely rumored to be haunted . . .
  • When I was 27, I developed a severe lactose allergy. The slightest bit of lactose (including the tiny amount found in medication) resulted in vomiting and, well, extreme gastrointestinal distress. Two years later, after I separated from my ex-husband, my symptoms suddenly became much less severe, and they have now all but disappeared.
  • Raw poultry makes me gag. Years ago, I attempted to make a turkey. This required the use of rubber gloves, several kitchen towels and innumerable utensils. Never again.

Your turn!

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OMG. #3 - same thing. EXACTLY. Crazy.

and while I never translated NKOTB to French, I did dance to them in a talent show. At bandcamp.

God, I'm a dork.

Blogger Kimmy753 said...

I loved Milli Vanilli...it broke my heart when I found out they weren't 'real'..and then the one that killed himself..so sad...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer