Utterly Brilliant Thoughts: FINALLY!
2.21.2007
FINALLY!

Thank God, St. Joseph & all of y'all that have been thinking happy thoughts for us: our house is officially SOLD! And we closed on our new place too. The relief is overwhelming. Or it was for about 15 minutes.

Then I started thinking about painting. And repairs. And packing up over 1,800 sq. ft. of crap. And moving 1,800 sq. ft. of crap 80 miles away. In what is likely to be the worst blizzard in a century, if history teaches us anything. And then UNpacking 1,800 sq. ft. of crap. (Once we dig out from the blizzard.) And finding people to help us move. (Anyone? We are not picky. We are also not above recruiting burly men off the street.) And finding a new job. And dealing with my old job for the next month. And moving away from my family. And, and, and . . . you have no idea how much fun it is, living inside my head. Even at the happiest of times, I can always find something to obsess about.

But! We love our new place. Have I mentioned that we have four bathrooms? Four! There are two I haven't even peed in yet! (TMI?) I used to live just a few miles away & I can't wait to revisit all of my old haunts, not to mention discover new ones. Oh, and I know I am the biggest dork in the whole entire world for admitting this, but you guys? The world's most glorious grocery store is just down the road. No, seriously. We stopped in on Saturday just to pick up some milk & stuff, and I totally could have wandered around all night. Helpful staff! Ginormous bakery! A bewildering selection of luscious cheese! And the pièce de résistance - a gourmet candy boutique, including a vast assortment of artisan chocolate. So if it all gets to be too much, you know where to find me.

Labels:



5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

YEAY!!!!!!

Must send pictures now. I know it's not done, but I want to see all stages...

Blogger Kimmy753 said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to pop open TWO bottles of champagne. One for each of you. :) Our new place has 4 bathrooms too! Talk about having to stock up on TP. Time to go to Costco. LOL I'm so happy for you!!!

P.S. Our loan got final approval too..yay! Better make that 3 bottles of champagne.

Blogger Judy said...

I am SO excited for you! AND, you get to get rid of Devil Boss. New home, new boss... what could be better? Now, you better get packing. Trust me... you don't have as much time as you think you do :-)

Blogger Shawnee said...

Oh, God, REALLY?? Because I feel like I have about 6 seconds to get everything done. Thanks, everyone, for the happy thoughts!

Blogger Mrs. T said...

Congratulations on the house deal. Hope all goes well with your move and that you and hubby get to celebrate with some bubbly real soon.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer