Utterly Brilliant Thoughts: Clarification
1.08.2007
Clarification
Okay, I know it said one word responses only, but - seriously, rémoulade as my favorite condiment? Could I possibly be any more pretentious? Well, yes, actually I could, I am such a snob sometimes. But I just had to say in my own defense that I have been dying for crab cakes lately (or, more accurately, as usual) & a spicy, creamy rémoulade dipping sauce just makes them so much better. Which is why I can't make crab cakes at home. Every recipe for rémoulade has at least 297 ingredients, some of which I have never even heard of. (What the hell is cornichon & do I have to mince it myself or does it come prepared that way?) And I have a steadfast rule that I only use recipes that require six ingredients or less, all of which are commonly found in my kitchen. (Read: not cornichons.)

I'm not really sure why I felt the urge to clarify this. I think it may have something to do with the teetering pile of paperwork currently looming over me, threatening to collapse and bury me until Easter. I have the theory that if I ignore it long enough, it will take care of itself, which, come to think of it, is pretty much Chris' theory on laundry & house cleaning. And that normally works for him. I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh, & by the way? The real answer is probably mayonnaise.

Labels:



1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I love crab cakes. They make my teeth sing. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer