Utterly Brilliant Thoughts: Holiday Hangover
12.29.2006
Holiday Hangover
Is anyone else just completely useless this week? I don't feel like I've been at all productive, either at home or at the office. Or, I should say, I've been even less productive than usual. Laundry needs done, Christmas presents need put away, I can't even remember the last time I vacuumed & the computer room is full of empty boxes and random piles of crap waiting to be sorted and packed. I just can't seem to motivate myself. I did manage to make dinner the past two nights though. Wait, does Kraft mac & cheese count? Since Chris requested it, I'm going to say it counts. I love a man who, when asked what he wants for dinner, asks for things like mac & cheese or pot pies. Especially since, when he asks me, I want things like pasta frittata or stir fry, things that require an hour of prep time. Hey, wait a second. It just occured to me that perhaps his requests have less to do with his easy-going nature & more to do with my lackluster cooking skills. Hmmm.

Well, anyway, I am looking forward to having the whole long weekend to lie around like third base. Which, as you may recall, is one of my very favorite things to do. The most exciting thing on our agenda is possibly renting movies and watching them while consuming vast amounts of unhealthy food . Then maybe we'll play some games, toast the New Year (yay, champagne!) & pass out by 12:05. Although I think last year, we managed to stay awake long enough to hit the McD's drive-through at 1 am. Whooo! We're practically rock stars, we're so wild.

Speaking of rock stars (sort of) / staying up late, guess what we did last night? No, you perverts, guess again. All right, I'll just tell you. We stayed up until one in the morning watching 100 Greatest One Hit Wonders on VH-1. Oh, yes, we did. And that's not the worst of it. The worst part is . . . we've seen it before. It's not like there was going to be some kind of musical revelation involved. We just couldn't. stop. watching. Actually, maybe the worst part is that we got so caught up in it, we considered going online to look up even more information. Only pure, unadulterated laziness (and being pinned in bed by two cats who get Very Cranky when you disturb them) kept us from logging onto Napster at midnight, just to listen to more Ratt, House of Pain & Vickie Sue Robinson. God help us. So you can see how playing Trivial Pursuit and watching Little Miss Sunshine & or, Lord, even Jackass Number Two would be a vast improvement on what we normally do.

My New Year's Resolution is to get a slightly more exciting life.

Labels:



4 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

I happen to love Trivial Pursuit. Next time... invite us over!

Blogger Mrs. T said...

Hey- that VH1 special is awesome. I stayed up until 1 am watching it myself. Just glad I don't live in Eastern time zone, otherwise it'd have been 2 am.
Your New Years Eve sounds very cozy and relaxing. Enjoy.

Blogger Melissa said...

Sounds like an enjoyable New Year's to me! I love Trivial Pursuit, and those VH1 specials and McDonald's french fries with an ice-cold Coke are like manna from heaven. :)

Blogger Teacher lady said...

I saw that same VH1 special (for at least a second time) and was so intrigued that I started to wonder if it wouldn't be kind of a "cool goal" to eventually download all 100 songs. I got to that Norman (Greenbaum?) song "Spirit in the Sky" before I decided I needed to get a better "cool goal." (Or at least a cheaper goal because who wants to admit spending almost $100 on iTunes?)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer